Cyprus is definitely a family-friendly destination. The culture revolves around the (extended) family and children are adored. Stripped back to basics, beaches, castles, ancient sights and virtual year-round sunshine are pretty good raw ingredients.
Is Cyprus good for family holidays?
Cyprus is an all-rounder of a Mediterranean island, which makes it a top choice for a family holiday. When it comes to sandy beaches, families make a beeline for Protaras, in the Paphos region. The beach is huge and packs in plenty of watersports like scuba diving and pedalos.
Which part of Cyprus is best for holiday?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
What is there to do in Cyprus for families?
10 Best Family Things to Do in Cyprus
- Eagle Mountain Ranch.
- Paphos Aphrodite Waterpark.
- Fasouri Watermania Waterpark.
- Parko Paliatso Luna Park.
- Limassol Zoo.
- Golden Donkeys Farm.
- The Camel Park.
- The Black Pearl Pirate Boat.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus. …
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle. …
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one. …
- Turtle Beach. …
- Larnaca. …
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. … Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
What is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
The 12 Best Areas Where to Stay in Cyprus
- Limassol, one of the most popular areas where to stay in Cyprus. …
- Larnaca, whether culture-vulture or beach-bum, Larnaca can hit the spot. …
- Paphos, one of the best areas to stay in Cyprus with beaches and history. …
- Coral Bay, great place to stay in Cyprus for everyone.
Is Cyprus cheaper than Greece?
Greece is 0.9% more expensive than Cyprus.
What is Paphos like for families?
When it comes to resorts, villas and hotels, Paphos has got family-friendly locked down. However, too much choice can be overwhelming and it can be hard to strike a balance between luxurious and affordable, plus close to everything but not noisy and overwhelming.