A Cyprus Limited Liability Company (LLC) is the most popular legal entity formed by foreigners in Cyprus. Chapter 113 of the Companies Law of 1959 (amended in 1968) governs limited liability companies which are based on the United Kingdom’s Companies Act of 1948. … This type of LLC can be either public or private.
Why are companies headquartered in Cyprus?
It’s the whole package that Cyprus offers. It has a business-friendly environment that is efficient, transparent and well-regulated. … Cyprus’ corporate tax regime is highly favourable and there are tax breaks for expatriate executives. The island’s human capital is another major attraction.
How many companies are there in Cyprus?
Cyprus Number of Registered Companies data was reported at 216,239.000 Unit in 2018. This records a decrease from the previous number of 217,588.000 Unit for 2017.
What is the biggest company in Cyprus?
Cyprus Top Companies List by Market Cap as on Jan 1st, 2020
- POLYMETAL INTERNATIONAL. World Rank (Jan-01-2021) …
- GLOBALTRANS INVESTMENT. World Rank (Jan-01-2021) …
- QIWI. World Rank (Jan-01-2021) …
- HEADHUNTER GROUP. World Rank (Jan-01-2021) …
- GLOBAL PORTS INVESTMENTS. …
- BANK OF CYPRUS HOLDINGS PUBLIC COMPANY. …
- PRIMECITY INVESTMENT. …
Is Cyprus a good place to start a business?
Cyprus has a modern, free-market, service-based economy giving international investors and domestic businesses confidence to invest, grow and prosper. The tertiary sector of services is considered the backbone of the Cyprus economy and with a high income per capita, the consumer market is particularly strong.
Is it easy to start a business in Cyprus?
It is quite easy to open a business in Cyprus and with the proper support, overseas businesspersons can have their own companies up and running in the littlest time possible.
What is a good business to start in Cyprus?
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Cyprus
- Construction Company.
- Property Rental Business.
- Educational Consultancy Services.
- Clearing and Forwarding Business.
- Travels and Tours Company.
- Transportation Business.
- Auto Mechanic Workshop.
- Web Design and Web Hosting Business.
How much does it cost to open a company in Cyprus?
The cost of registering a company in Cyprus costs $1995 but from the second year, it will cost $1990.
Is Cyprus safe for business?
Cyprus has a comprehensive, modern and forward-looking legal and regulatory framework based on the principles of English Common Law. The country’s legal framework is widely recognized as a business-friendly and effective system that allows reliable and transparent business practices.
How do I open a limited company in Cyprus?
The following steps must be completed in order to open an LTD in Cyprus:
- reserve a trading name (the shareholders must make sure the name is unique);
- draft the incorporation documents;
- set up the corporate bank account and deposit the share capital;
- file the documents with the Companies Register;
How do I start an offshore company in Cyprus?
The Process to Register an Offshore Company in Cyprus
- 1)Reserving the company name. …
- 2)Preparation of incorporation documents. …
- 3)Banking procedure. …
- 4)Submission of required documents. …
- 5)Receiving the certificate of incorporation. …
- 6)Registration for tax and VAT.