Both places you mention will be hot and have lively nightlife. Protaras has much nicer beaches so if you fancy white sand blue sea head for Protaras. Paphos is a town while Protaras is a resort.
What is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
The 12 Best Areas Where to Stay in Cyprus
- Limassol, one of the most popular areas where to stay in Cyprus. …
- Larnaca, whether culture-vulture or beach-bum, Larnaca can hit the spot. …
- Paphos, one of the best areas to stay in Cyprus with beaches and history. …
- Coral Bay, great place to stay in Cyprus for everyone.
Is Protaras Cyprus nice?
Re: What is Protaras like? Very suitable for families. It is touristy but that’s what you would expect with a resort right by the sea. Beautiful beaches, plenty of restaurants, regular buses into Ayia Napa for the teens.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus. …
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle. …
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one. …
- Turtle Beach. …
- Larnaca. …
- Ayia Napa.
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. … Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
How much is a taxi from Ayia Napa to Protaras?
How much does Ayia Napa to Protaras Hotels District Taxi Services cost? Transfer Rates for Ayia Napa to Protaras Hotels District is 80 GBP Per vehicle.
Is Paphos expensive to eat out?
While meal prices in Paphos can vary, the average cost of food in Paphos is €30 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Paphos should cost around €12 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Is Protaras Lively?
Although Protaras is fairly small and compact, yes it does get lively as many of the bars have tribute acts/karaoke/live music on an evening.
Is Famagusta in the Turkish part of Cyprus?
Famagusta, Greek Ammókhostos, Turkish Gazi Mağusa, a major port in the Turkish Cypriot-administered portion of northern Cyprus. It lies on the island’s east coast in a bay between Capes Greco and Eloea and is about 37 miles (55 km) east of Nicosia. The port possesses the deepest harbour in Cyprus.